BUCATTINI CACIO E PEPE
I pulled this pasta recipe out of the archives because it’s simple, quick, satisfying, and delicious, and all you need is a few ingredients. Of course, I have to embellish the presentation because I think eye appeal is so important. So, I garnish with fresh chopped Italian parsley, lemon zest, and pan toasted chopped walnuts to bring out the color and a bit of crunch. The extra virgin olive oil, fresh herbs, and walnuts are extremely good for brain and gut health. You can use Gluten-Free Pasta if you like! Serve with a salad and you have the perfect lunch or dinner. You can literally have this pasta ready in less than 30 minutes! A beautifully chilled bottle of Pinot Grigio or a German Reisling is a perfect pairing. Enjoy!
8 ounces of Bucatini pasta or linguine
1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
1 cup of chopped walnuts
1 cup freshly grated Parmesan Cheese
1 cup freshly grated Romano Cheese
¼ cup Italian parsley chopped fine
2 Tablespoons fresh lemon zest
Freshly cracked black pepper as much as you want
Place a small bowl of red chili flakes on the table
1 can of anchovy fillets( optional)
Pre-heat oven to 200 F. Place 4 to 6 pasta dishes into the oven to warm.
Place the chopped nuts in a dry pan and turn the heat to medium-high. Shake the pan back and forth until the color is toasted golden. It should take 5-6 minutes. Be patient it’s worth it. Set aside in a small bowl.
- Bring 4 quarts of water with 1 tablespoon regular table salt to a roaring boil.
- Add the Bucatini or linguine pasta and boil according to the instructions on the box. Drain and shake off water.
- Pour pasta back into the pot you boiled it in. Turn heat on high add the olive oil and mix. Turn off heat.
- Remove the plates one at a time from the oven using oven mitts or a kitchen towel.
- Place a helping of the pasta into a heated bowl.
- Add a generous handful of Parmesan and Romano cheese over top of pasta.
- Sprinkle a tablespoon of parsley, a sprinkling of lemon zest, a generous amount of freshly cracked pepper, a pinch of red chili flakes, 1 to 2 pieces of anchovies if using to garnish.
JOIN ME ON
INSTAGRAM @cristinacooks https://bit.ly/3cHzCVj
INSTAGRAM @flourish_bodymindsoul https://bit.ly/2yxdjDd
AVAILABLE ON AMAZON https://amzn.to/2XZFBRr